Hold him please

(July 2017)




I held him for a while
Your pain too great to bear his weight
But still
You wished him held close
and so I did
His body kept warm against my own
and touched his fingers, told you he is beautiful
as you looked at me bleakly

I held him for a while
watching his small face
and rosebud mouth so still
Willing him to move and stir to life
But my will wasn’t strong enough and neither was yours

I held him for a while
felt your eyes on mine
as I looked at his
Held him just long enough to remember his face
now etched in my mind
and still you watched

I held you both for a while
as the emptiness washed over the three of us
And I placed him in your arms
while his warmth lingered
Watched you breathe him in
Sweet fragile boy, too still for life

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boobtastic Media Storm

Baby Led First Foods Update

My Baby Breastfeeds Too Often