Time to write?

Today, 3 years after making the decision, I took the plunge, put my money where my mouth is and signed up to a writing course.

There are a couple of reasons it took this long, one major one being I was already on a course which required me to write and I really find that writing uses lot of my creative energy and I didn't have 'enough left of me' after the essays I've been writing, to devote to creative writing. So here I am. The essays are done, I am well and truly set on that road that the course put me on and I'm happy with it. So happy in fact that I felt now was the right time to do this.

I know that there is a school of thought that says if you want to write, then write. You don't need to do a course, but for me, the structure will be helpful so that is behind my reasoning for signing up... that and the fact I have no idea if I'm really any good or not at this!

Another reason for going for it is that I turned 30 last year and I feel that if I want to make some life changes, then now is the time to do it.

I am wondering if it will have an effect on my blogging though. My Diploma did. I didn't feel I could blog that much about it owing to the strong self reflective nature of the course. I need to keep some of me for me if you see what I mean! Going to just see how it goes. I feel like my life has a certain organic quality to it at the moment so I am happy to go with the flow right now.

Is there something you have been putting off? Don't let it pass you by.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.9

Comments

  1. I've been putting off exercise. And housework. And the dentist. Writing, blogging and tweeting is much more rewarding!

    Good luck with your writing!

    R
    X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I positively welcome messages and comments however please note this is a personal blog and abuse will be deleted. That said, there's always room for lively debate so make yourself at home.

Popular posts from this blog

Boobtastic Media Storm

Baby Led First Foods Update

My Baby Breastfeeds Too Often