Salmon on Gnocchi (better than it sounds...)

The last time I was served Gnocchi it was with a cheese sauce and it was almost enough to put me off for life. So it was with a certain amout of trepidation that I had a go at this recipe. It's very easy to put together and takes about 45 mins or so.

You'll need...

Salmon fillets
2 x Courgette sliced diagonally
A red onion in wedges
A lemon in wedges too
400g of potato gnocchi
Handful of olives
Handful of fresh rocket
Fresh parsley to garnish
Olive oil
Pepper

Put the courgette, red onion, lemon, gnocchi & olives in a roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil and put in a preheated to 200'c oven for 30 mins.

Take out and stir the vegetables then put the salmon fillets on top, sprinkle with pepper and put back into the oven until the Salmon is cooked, around 10-20 mins, depending on the size of the fish.

Take out, set aside the cooked Salmon while you mix in the rocket. Serve the vegetables onto plates, place the fish on top and garnish with the parsley.

Eat and enjoy!

I was concerned that this would be a bit boring without some kind of sauce as I am a bit of a condiment queen (what? No ketchup??) but it was lovely and light, the lemon really lifted the dish, I bought the best Salmon I could afford (for once) and it was SO WORTH IT.

I'm getting into this following a recipe lark, so now I'm thinking about what to do next time. Two weeks to go. I think something oriental in flavour so answers on a postcard (or in the comments... probably easier!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting my Midwifery Hygge On

Boobtastic Media Storm

An update of sorts