Crimbo Limbo and Reflections

In a few days I will be thinking about what to pin down as my new years resolutions. Never mind that every year they invariably fall by the wayside mid February (cough... January) but I like to remain optimistic and make them anyway. Starts the year off with an excellent sense of purpose I always feel.

However today, we are in the middle of what is known to some as Crimbo Limbo. That awkward space between Christmas and New Year. No one really knows what to do with themselves, the kids are going nuts because nowhere is open for us crazed parents to take them and I can't (read 'wouldn't inflict on myself willingly) take the children shopping with me to bag me some bargains in the sales.

So now seems as good a time as any to reflect on the past year. There's been some highs and lows as with any year.

A big high goes to giving birth to my beautiful baby daughter on 1st June. Unexpectedly at home and what an amazing experience. And what a delightful child, so sunny and happy all the time. She loves cuddles and charms everyone she meets. Her brothers are brilliant with her... HUGE RELIEF!!

My boys are growing up fast and Jayden is now bin his second year at school. He's developed an unusual obsession with Michael Jackson and if something isn't 'cool' then he's not interested. Yes, he is just 5. Strong independent minded little boy. It's because of him that I scour the internet for parenting articles for how to bring up high spirited children.

Reuben. Now 3 years old and people love him. He's got such a gorgeous character and people just can't help themselves. Never mind that he seems to communicate in a lesser known region of outer Hebrides dialect. He tries so hard to make himself understood. It breaks my heart sometimes to see him trying so hard. But he's making awesome progress at the moment. Which brings me to the health stuff. We are due to see the consultant Cardiologist on 11th Feb as we found out he has a murmur, an enlarged heart, pulmonary oedema and irregularities in his ECG lateral waves. Scary stuff. Of course it could turn out to be something just to be watched but all the same, as his parents, health in this sort of thing is out of our control. Thankfully we believe God is in control so that's why I haven't turned into a complete basket case (phew... definitely have limited time available for breakdown, most inconvenient).

I'm now pretty much qualified as a breastfeeding counsellor with the NCT. It's very exciting especially seeing as I've been training for a little over 17 thousand years. Getting the last bit through the complicated corridors that are the NCT will be interesting but I keep my eye on the prize. This year I've really powered through the last bits of the course and I feel so great about it, my sense of accomplishment is fab.

I turned 30 this year and I think I'm still in 'trying to come to terms with it' mode. I keep thinking about death, getting old, leaving my loved ones, what do I want to do with the rest of my life etc, worries about illness. Feel such an idiot for dwelling on these things but there you go.

So, that'll do for now. Like I said; some highs, some lows. Looking forward to planning my resolutions later this week.

What are you reflecting on about this past year?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting my Midwifery Hygge On

Boobtastic Media Storm

An update of sorts