Thankful

I have so much to be thankful for. My loving husband, 3 beautiful crazy children, a family that cares for me, a roof over my head and beliefs, activities, interests and hobbies that fulfil me.

I've travelled quite a bit and in 2002 spent some time in Belo Hotizante, Brazil. Kev and I did some street work, taking food and other stuff to dome families living under the arches of a bridge. We met a woman living there and she wasn't well. Her floor was mud, her walls were packing crates. We knocked on her door and spent some time with her. We asked her if there was anything else we could do for her to help. She replied "I might not have much that you can see, but I've got a big heart and that's all that matters".

This lady was a mother and grandmother. Her 'under bridge' community doted on her. She loved and was certain of their love. She was the most thankful woman I've ever met and I still feel humbled now thinking about her.

I'm thankful for so many things, I'm thankful I met her, not because of a contrast in standards of living, but because her thankfulness reminds me that the things we should be thankful for are not really things at all.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting my Midwifery Hygge On

Boobtastic Media Storm

An update of sorts