NaBloPoMo prompt about spirituality

Im going to be brave and stand up here and say I am a Christian (that's not the brave bit) and I believe there it only one way to God (that was the brave bit).

Strangely though I do still have an enormous amount of respect for others spiritual beliefs. Although I do categorically believe my above statement, I also believe that true believers of any faith must believe the same (obviously only counting here the faiths that have a God).

I've been giving it thought today and remember a couple of conversations in the past where people have become very upset that I have that belief.

Faith is about the heart belief. My faith is in my heart, at the centre of my being. It is part of how I define myself, how I see myself in the context of the world. How I see meaning in the world and in my existence.

My God is a jealous God. He wants my undivided attention in respect to who I worship. That's the God I see consistently throughout the Bible. I also see a God who loves me and wants the best for me. He loves my family and wants me to put them first, in the same way that He put family first when Christianity was 'born'.

I'm not proselytising (sp?) here. This is what I believe. I don't attack others beliefs which is probably why I always am so surprised when people feel the need to attack mine. Why is Christianity fair game to judgmental people? That's a rhetorical question by the way.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting my Midwifery Hygge On

Boobtastic Media Storm

An update of sorts